You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > GC Immigration > Changing DLI
Changing DLI
print icon

If you change post-secondary schools, the school you plan to change to must also be a DLI.


You must tell IRCC  each time you change post-secondary schools.

Changing the post-secondary school on your account is a free service.

To be considered actively pursuing studies your unauthorized break must be less than 150 days


1. Sign into your account.

2. Click Transfer from DLI number under the section Designated Learning Institution Student Transfer.



3. Enter your study permit application number and click Search for my application.



4. Enter more details about your original study permit application, if required. This information will help us identify your application.



5. Enter your new DLI number, your new Student ID number, and your start date at your new school. Click Submit transfer.



6. Review the details of your transfer. If all the information is correct, click Confirm Transfer



7. Read the confirmation that your request is complete. This confirms that you’ve notified us that you’ve changed post-secondary schools.

Click Go to main account page to return to your account. You can now sign out.






You don’t need to apply to change your study permit if you are changing schools.

0 out of 0 found this helpful

scroll to top icon